Any Graduate Candidate can apply for one of the 4 Doctoral Scholarships granted by the ED 540 this year.
For more information, please read the FAQ on the French Minister of Research and Higher Education’s website (in French).
Applications should be sent by e-mail until June, 10th, 2019, 24:00, to the ED540 secretariat. Please be sure that the subject of your e-mail has the following form: Application / Scholarship / Surname of the Candidate.
Each application submitted should contain the following documents, assembled in a single pdf file:
- The Candidate’s Research Project (max. 20.000 characters, including spaces but excluding the bibliography),
- The Candidate’s Resume (3 pages max.),
- A Reference Letter from the future Supervisor in which they officially announce that they will supervise the Candidate, while emphasising the interest of this particular project. This letter also indicates if the Candidate is expected to be granted funds (nature, duration and amount of the financing) or, on the contrary, by which means the Candidate will fund his research project.
- A Letter from the Director of the future Research Unit, stating that they will welcome the future Doctoral Candidate in their team during the whole period of completion of the thesis,
- A Copy of a document certifying that the future Doctoral Candidate passed his/her Master’s degree + A transcript of marks (1st and 2nd year),
Any student who doesn’t have copies of his/her Master’s Degree or transcript of grades at their disposal on June 10th , 2019 has to send a document from the head of his/her Masters Department, certifying that the applicant intends to complete his/her formation and to take any exams required to do so in the first session of the 2018-2019 Academic Year.
The PhD Supervisor’s primary affiliation must be one of the Research teams listed here.
No paper version or incomplete application will be considered. No acknowledgment of receipt will be delivered.
Each application will be examined by the Academic Board of ED 540 on June 18th, 2019. Selected candidates will be notified by e-mail as soon as possible. Inteviews will take place on June 24th, 2019 (Candidates who don’t reside in Europe and are not able to come to the interview may exceptionally request to be interviewed via videoconference).
Important: this year there will also be 1 Doctoral Scholarship granted by the EUR Translitterae. This offer has its own application procedure. For more information about this Doctoral Scholarship, please contact Annabelle Milleville.
Important: Application for Scholarship and Application for enrolment are two different procedures. Each Candidate has to apply for Registration; to learn more about it, please visit the Registration page.